Monday, February 28, 2011

Crutches and Cars

As you all know, Hayden has been on crutches the past three weeks and has been getting quite a bit of help because of it. :) Over the past few days I have been staying off my ankle which I sprained in Thursday's game and so I took a turn on crutches. But now I am walking on the ankle again which is a big YAY. Now through this experience I have learned the following:

-It is really exhausting to go up the stairs and trying to coordinate yourself!

-You CAN do dishes even on crutches. My brother hasn't so much as put his plate on the counter since his surgery and we just figured it was too hard to do dishes on crutches. I have proved him wrong and it is totally possible to do dishes on crutches! He lost his credibility as far as I'm concerned, but my Mom still has sympathy for him. Lol. 

-Ice is cold. (Ya that one seems obvious but I didn't really realize just how cold ice can get on one foot... the other foot is all happy and warm but the iced one is frrrreezing!) 

I haven't driven in a few days since it's my right ankle... hopefully I won't have forgotten all the stuff to do when you drive :D I think my siblings have been sort of glad that I haven't driven lately... and my Mom's blood pressure has also gotten significantly lower this past weekend. Just kidding. :) But reversing the car up the driveway is the most scary part of the trip. See, one thing about our driveway is that it is like vertical practically and so you gotta give the car a lot of gas to get it up the driveway. And, um, I gave it a little too much gas and keep about *this close* to hitting our garage door. Oops. Thankfully I was driving with my Dad who doesn't get too concerned so there was no scream. :) Oh well. 

Yay for basketball practice today... the season is almost over and when it gets over it will be the saddest thing that has happened since last season ended! :'( 

No comments:

Post a Comment