Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Cookies

Today after we got home from church and I got lunch made and my family fed, I decided I felt like baking. Specifically, baking cookies. These may very well be the greatest cookies I have ever eaten, even if they are peanut butter cookies of which I am not a super huge fan.. My siblings have each eaten several and they seem to be a hit all around so I decided the recipe would be worth sharing. :)

Amazing, Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
2.5 cups whole wheat flour (I used 1/2 cup of hard red and 2 cups of softer white wheat)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. butter, softened (I know it seems like a ton, but it's worth it)
1/4 c. shortening (I used non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening)
1.5 c. white/brown sugar mixture (I used about 1 c. of cane juice crystals and 1/2 c. brown sugar)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. peanut butter (I used organic creamy PB)
2 TBSP. honey (mix with PB before adding)

Cream sugar, butter, shortening. Add vanilla and eggs. Add peanut butter. Add all other ingredients. This dough is a lot less dense and sticky than other cookie doughs. Roll in sugar, if desired (but don't put fork prongs in the top) Bake at 350 for ELEVEN minutes. Only 11. They won't seem done but take them out anyway. Leave them on your cookie sheet for another minute and then transfer to a cooling rack. They'll still seem undercooked, doughy, and falling apart, but they will set up perfectly so do it anyway! Let cool and enjoy. Mmmmmmmmm.

Yield: Roughly 5 dozen ish

No comments:

Post a Comment