Tuesday, December 20, 2011

As 2011 Draws to a Close...

I am in disbelief that another year has flown by so quickly. It amazes me how time flies sometimes, and trudges along slow as a slug other times! I am going to attempt to summarize the highlights, but will probably forget some of the main ones. :-)

The year of 2011 has been brimming with activity for my family, and for myself individually. The year started out in January and February with another season of basketball games which is always a ton of fun! I feel like my basketball experience was totally and completely different than any previous year, and was definitely even more enjoyable! Spring time brings birthdays around our house, and this year for my 16th birthday, my Grandparents came up for a visit. It was a ton of fun getting to spend time with them, and all of us always enjoy their company! My Summer was crazy busy, but really fun! I attended FCA basketball camp again, and really enjoyed that for the second year. I also went and stayed with my Aunt and younger cousins for a little over a week to help with the driving and caring for the little girls during our family reunion at the beach. I really enjoyed this time with the family, and also attending the family reunion was a plus. :-) I also got to go to both the JEM sports camps for basketball and volleyball which I really enjoyed as well! We went to visit our Grandparents all the way in England, which was a great time. It was so fun to do some activities in England such as touring a castle, seeing Sherwood Forest, and just having a generally fun time. :-) During the Summer I also got my driver's license which has proved a helpful tool. I have discovered that I don't particularly enjoy driving, and actually find it kind of stressful. But, I am definitely thankful for having it! Our family also went on a week long camping trip. My Mom had more surgeries this year as well, and is currently recovering from another one. We are thankful for my Grandmary's visits and coming to help out. It has been a huge blessing to see all the amazing people in our lives who offer to help! The late Summer/Fall brought the start of volleyball. Volleyball was so amazing this year and I increased my enjoyment of the game exponentially. I learned a TON and was so blessed to be apart of such a cool team. Basketball season has started up again which is super exciting! Even though out of season I play quite a bit of basketball, team practices are particularly fun to look forward to. :D My Grandmary is coming again shortly after Christmas so we are all very excited about that!

Overall 2011 has been a really great year of growth and learning! I pray for myself and each one that we may all grow closer to God in the coming year of 2012...

And, Merry Christmas! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment