During the year of 2011, I managed to read 82 books (not including the parts of the Bible I read... if I counted each book of the Bible I read, I might push 100! That would be impressive, yes? ;-) I taught myself to read at 3 and have not looked back... Here is a summary of some of the highlights (and lowlights...).
Favorite Fictions-
Deadline, Dominion, and Deadline, Alcorn
The O'Malley Family Series, Henderson
The Complete Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Doyle
The Wives of King David Series, Smith
Redeeming Love, Rivers
The Atonement Child, Rivers
The Vicar of Wakefield, Goldsmith
Favorite Historical Fictions-
With Lee in Virginia, Henty
Hadassah, Tenney
Where the Broken Heart Still Beats, Meyer
Least Favorite Fictions-
Crystal Lies, Carlson
Where Yesterday Lives, Kingsbury
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Stevenson
Riven, Jenkins
Favorite Non-Fictions-
A Severe Mercy, Vanauken
Unplanned, Johnson
Adopted for Life, Moore
They Call Me Coach, Wooden
Already Gone, Ham
Nourishing Traditions, Falon
A few books on my list to read in 2012-
Loved by Choice, Homer
The Last Days According to Jesus, Sproul
The Importance of Being Earnest, Wilde
Institutes of Christian Religion, Calvin
Desiring God, Piper
Father Brown Mysteries, G.K. Chesterton
Erasing Hell, Chan
Systematic Theology, Berkhof
Topics to read more on in 2012-
Nutrition
Adoption
Personal Spiritual Growth
Theology
Sports medicine/nutrition
I am always looking for book recommendations, so send on your lists! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment