Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Day in the Life...

"What do you DO with all your time?" 
"You are homeschooled, right... so what is it that you do all day?" 

These questions, and many others, have been asked of me more times than I can count. So, to answer them, this particular post has been created to enlighten all my blog-readers, as well as the questioners who wonder what we homeschoolers do all day! So! ALL you ever wanted to know about my life... and probably much, much more. ;-)

5:45 a.m. - I am either totally startled by my alarm clock and violently roll out of bed to turn it off, OR I blissfully slumber through the first (Sometimes the second and third...) of the four alarms I set to wake me up in the morning. 

5:50 a.m. - My eyes are now open enough to decode the letters etched in my Bible and I proceed to have my devotions. Note: do NOT try praying laying down early in the morning... you will fall back asleep. 

6:10 a.m. - I flee the warm, cozy covers of my bed and hobble over to my school shelf to pull off my literature  book(s) of the week... And then proceed to scamper back into the warm bed to read the assigned chapters. :D

6:50 a.m. -  I bundle myself up and head downstairs to make breakfast. My brother accuses me of trying to put spinach into all of our morning meals but I am here to set the record straight: NO, I do not put spinach into pancakes! 

7:30 a.m. - Back to work. School, school, school. 

9:00 a.m. - Each morning I use this time to do all our dishes and make the kitchen pretty. A clean bedroom and a clean kitchen make me feel better. :-) Then I either vacuum, sweep, clean a bathroom, fold laundry, or do a random cleaning task. Usually these tasks are accompanied by either Andrew Peterson music OR Adventures in Odyssey... I am telling you, it gets the work done way faster!

10:00 a.m. - I usually work on my "computer school" like typing papers, doing research, working on an online class if I am taking one, etc. (And, yes, I admit to it... Gmail chatting and sometimes blogging too. :P) 

11:15 a.m. - Lunch making time... And do more dishes. :P And! On Mondays and Wednesdays, I go to school for Ethics, lunch, and Oratory which is really fun too. :-) 

12:00 p.m. - On home days, I work with my sisters and help them with their school while my Mom is at her BSU class. Sometimes this lasts 20 minutes and sometimes it lasts 3 hours. :P I also finish up any school I have left. 

2:00 p.m. - I sell books and homeschool curriculum that our family no longer uses through Amazon. So each day I check amazon.com for the books we have sold, go find them on our garage book shelf, pack them up, label them, and put them in my bag for a stop at the post office later! I also work on any pre-meal prep work that I can get done to have dinner on the table faster. :-)

3:00 p.m. - SPORTS. One of the highlights of my day. :-) 

6:00 p.m. - I walk in the door from practice, and then hustle to get dinner on the table. My Mom and I are on a meal making rotation schedule so it's nice on Mondays when I get home, she has dinner all done and when she walks in from school on other days, I have dinner all done. :-) I am a huge fan of our crockpot and "delay start" button on the oven so I can make the food and it is all cooked when I get home from practice on certain days!

The rest of the evening is pretty mellow. We usually try to have devotions during dinner and then sometimes play a game or watch a movie together, or hang out separately. 

So there you have it... a day in my life. And probably more information than you EVER wanted to know about me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment