I am a pretty big reader and enjoy reading so much... so I thought I would share a peak into some of the books I've read over this year!
Safely Home by Randy Alcorn
This book really tugged on my heart for persecuted Christians... as this story follows a Christian in China. I had never read Randy Alcorn's books before but I will definitely be reading more of them!
The Penny Parcel by Avery Hitch
I re-read this book for the second or third time because I believe it is one of the best books I have ever read. It's about a young orphan girl and her story. It is highly intense and really captured me as I was reading. An amazing story of hope and healing! Not recommended for the emotionally unstable ;-)
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
I was given this book and read it in two hours. The author is truly impassioned about the topic of his writing... the amazing love of an awesome God. This book was inspiring!
Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Doyle
I wish I was observant as Sherlock Holmes is. The end.
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Ok so I am NOT into fantasy/girlie/romantic type books, but I was impressed by this one. It was very clever and I thoroughly enjoyed it... I do believe it was my first trip to the "fantasy" portion of the library!
Too Small to Ignore by Wess Stafford
If you want to read a book that will make you want to get off the couch and change the world, then go pick this one up! I spoke to my heart and is one of my favorites!
Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beacher Stowe
This is one of THE most controversial books written, in my opinion. I definitely did not agree with everything she had to say, but I thought Stowe was a really good writer.
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Another re-read. Maybe the third or fourth time. Love these books!
Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury
I loved this book about a football player who learned that life is most important off the field and how to reach out to those hurting right around him.
I like to read to learn things... so I have also read numerous books this year on nutrition, adoption, the Bible, sports, college, personal growth, cooking, kids, organizing, and the list goes on and on and on.
The top three books I did NOT like... Beowulf, The Scarlet Letter, Fahrenheit 451.
So that is a good chunk of stuff I have read this year!
Whats wrong with the scarlet letter???
ReplyDeleteNothing I just did not enjoy Hawthorne's writing style. He used way too many big words and got bogged down in the details, IMHO.
ReplyDeleteI thought the Scarlet Letter was pretty good... I did sleep through some of it so that could be why I think that ;)
ReplyDeleteIt was not too bad, I did not sleep through any.
ReplyDeleteYa I really liked the story line and plot but just did not like the writing style
ReplyDeleteRandy Alcorn's Deadline, Dominion, and Decetion books are also really good.
ReplyDelete@ Jacob: Those are next on ly list... just can't find the time to read anymore is seems... I have read Deadline actuallly but tht was 2 years ago
ReplyDeleteDeception is one of my brother Jacob's favorite books
Jacob, you have only read Deception...
ReplyDeleteLol