Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas inspiration

I was reading in Luke 1 this morning and so humbled by the heart that Mary had to be Jesus' earthly mother. She was going to be despised by society and her life was going to take a somewhat unexpected turn but her heart was so willing. She was praising God for this opportunity and looking at the amazing impact it would have on future generations. Totally selfless... her eyes were on God's glory not her personal emotions, inconvenience, questions, or difficulty. Through morning sickness and labor and being looked down on she knew the baby in her womb was coming to save the people from their sins! As I have gotten older I have really been inspired more and more by Mary and her willing heart. 

46 And Mary said,
“My soul magnifies the Lord,
47     and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
48 for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
    For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
    and holy is his name.
50 And his mercy is for those who fear him
    from generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with his arm;
    he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts;
52 he has brought down the mighty from their thrones
    and exalted those of humble estate;
53 he has filled the hungry with good things,
    and the rich he has sent away empty.
54 He has helped his servant Israel,
    in remembrance of his mercy,
55 as he spoke to our fathers,
    to Abraham and to his offspring forever.”

And then through Philippians 2, I read: 
5Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 

I am still amazed that Jesus Christ, the God of the world, humbled Himself to come for us. Few believed Mary when she said the Holy Spirit came upon her so she would conceive; few believed Jesus when He showed He was the Messiah. But they were still faithful. They still embraced God's perfect plan through difficulty. While God was working His plan they were willing to be used by Him. I praise God for their hearts and attitudes and pray I may have the same one. I also praise God that He accomplishes His will even when I am not quite as enthusiastic. ;) 

"Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!" Praising God for His faithfulness. May we bless our Lord this Christmas.  

~Hannah 

Some Christmas music for your enjoyment 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9LNMudEhEY 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQZmni-oeg4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H5rwPqrTYQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment