Our garden has produced a TON of zucchini. Even if you don't garden, people are bound to try and pawn off their zucchini on you. I wanted to share a yummy recipe for when you're sick of zucchini bread, but still have a ton of zucchini to use up. :) It is really yummy, and also freezes nicely. A great option is to make a couple portions and freeze them for an easy dinner to warm up on a cool Fall night after sport's practices. I kind of made it up and it turns out different every time, but here is the general recipe:
2 c. uncooked brown rice
2 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 onion, minced
2 stalks celery, chopped small as onion
1 c. cream of chicken soup (I make my own with powder from Azure, but you can use a store-bought can too)
1/3 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheese
Garlic salt
Pepper
Cook brown rice and while warm, mix with cream of chicken soup, 1/2 c. of the shredded cheese, milk. Allow to melt, then add all other ingredients, reserving the final 1/2 c. of cheese. Grease 9x13 casserole pan and pour in mixture. Cover with remaining cheese. Cover pan with foil and bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbly. I also thought about adding white beans or shredded chicken for added protein. You could try that too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment