So this past week my family went camping for 6 days and 5 nights up in the Sawtooths kind of between Stanley and Lowman.
Basically my day would go as follows:
-Wake up
-Make food
-Read Bible
-Play games/cards with siblings
-Sit on shore of river and read/Play in river
-Make food
-Read
-Nap (BLISS)
-Make food
-Eat S'Mores
-Devotions/talk with family
-Read
-Sleep
So ya overall that's a pretty relaxing day... I finished two books, and got through about 200 pages of Sherlock Holmes. :)
One day we went on a 6-7ish mile hike which was really fun. The mountains are so gorgeous! The dogs particularly enjoyed the hike and it was so funny watching them get back into their kennel and just CRASH cause they were so tired.
Another day, we were all in the river and my brother and I walked up the hill to get something from the tent when we spotted a fire about 100 yards from our camp. About 4 trees were burning and so we called down the hill for the family and all jumped in our Suburban and started driving to the Forest Service station a mile up the road. There were some guys there who brought buckets and we had a couple in our camp site, so we all started filling buckets at the river and walking them up to the fire (about 100 yards). Then a guy with a 4-wheeler came so we got to load buckets on that which was so cool since carrying a bucket in each hand the length of a football field up hill can get kind of heavy :) We got the fire contained and then a truck with water from Lowman (about 1/2 hour away) came and put out the rest of it. It was quite an adventure!
Another day we went to a hot springs which was so awesome! I felt CLEAN for a little while :)
Overall the trip was a good one... I am personally not the hugest fan of camping so I looked at this as an opportunity to have a good attitude, be helpful, and serve my family. And I did end up enjoying a lot of it ;) I am so thankful for showers though... seriously!
Currently I am trying to find the bottom of our laundry baskets... I am on load 6 of laundry and am about 1/2 way done... thankfully my Mom likes to fold laundry, so we make a good team. :)
Thus concludes the Chronicles of the Lundberg Family Camping Trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment