The bruises on my knees are gone and my basketball shoes haven't been on my feet in like four whole days!! The 2010-11 season of basketball has come to a close, and it is sad. :'( It was a really amazing season and I learned so much in so many ways!
This season we ended up with 10 girls on our team. 6 of us had come back from last year, and we had 4 new girls. It is always so awesome being a part of a team and getting to know your team-mates, old and new. I am always very blessed by my team-mates and they encourage me so much. I really try and do the same for them too... being a part of a team is so special. I have some really amazing girls as team-mates!!
I really learn a TON through basketball... a lot through this past off-season when Liberty and I were working on basketball a lot and a lot through the actual season. Not only did I learn sooo many things about basketball and shooting and fouls and dribbling and rebounding and defense and being point guard and all that kind of stuff... I learn a bunch about life through basketball because basketball is a lot like life in a lot of ways.
The season was kind of non-typical since one of our girls got really injured in the first game and was sort of recovering all season. Another had surgery and missed a ton. Others had other stuff going on and missed some games. So it was kind of hard not really ever having the entire team there... but it was all good and we kind of all learned to be a little flexible. :)
It is so beautiful watching people (and yourself) improve!!! I loved seeing some of the girls get so much better at different things, and seeing myself get better at different things! And it is encouraging to know that as you keep working at something, you will get better. I am thoroughly amazed at what people can accomplish with hard work!
YAY for patient coaches and team-mates!!!!! I had to put this on here because I think I would get annoyed if I were coaching me beings that it sometimes takes me forever to get stuff!
So even though the season is technically over, basketball season really never ends. ;-) The non-season months you get to play basketball and work hard on improving... you just don't get team practices and games. :-) The off-season is a good thing though! And next season will come super fast! We have our banquet this weekend so that will be exciting too!
No comments:
Post a Comment