Monday, March 30, 2015

Nicaragua: Three Weeks Away

 
Three weeks ago, it seemed like the time would never arrive. Today, it seems there isn't enough time to accomplish all the necessary tasks before leaving. A few weeks ago, I was talking with a friend about all the major items to complete before I could engage my mind in "mission mode":

1. Have wisdom tooth removal surgery
2. Move
3. Visit my family in Pittsburgh

Two of three have been complete, and I'm currently enjoying the time in Pittsburgh seeing family members.

I'm learning that there is always a lot to accomplish in life--tasks, plans, work. But becoming overwhelmed is not the solution. I'm encouraged by this article and its admonition to fix our eyes on Christ, and not the momentary struggles or worries.


This life we live is both exciting and surprising at times. Especially during this season of my life, with many components in work, school, missions, friends, and family, some days feel overwhelming. Life changes--with both the good and the unexpected. But Jesus is constant, and for that reason may we always fix our eyes upon His faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment