Friday, April 12, 2013

Birthday Festivities

Birthdays have a certain way about them... I am really blessed with so many sweet and gracious people who do things to make it special for me.

I spent the morning with two of my favorite people ever who made a super tasty breakfast of eggs and pesto on toast and coffee. (You're forgiven for your over-cooked eggs, Mercy. ;) During the day, I hung out with the little 8-week old I nanny (who happened to be turning two months old the same day I was having my birthday...so we celebrated together ;). Babies bring smiles to my face any day of the year  so I really enjoyed spending my birthday with little Lily. (Even though she decided she was only going to take 15 minute naps that day for whatever reason...) We went walking in the sunshine and enjoyed all the cherry blossoms while we were out. :) In the evening, my parents took me out to dinner and we had really yummy Italian food. My siblings joined the party and helped consume the berries and fresh whipped cream that was definitely a birthday dessert to remember.


The birthday continued into the weekend with basketball, amazing food, Psych, and just general fun time with some friends. In spite of being a year older, I still had to take naps at midnight and 9am and have coffee three or four times to stay awake the rest of the time. :) It was a really fun weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment